- Ornithological Newsletter
- Wilson Journal of Ornithology,
Volume 128, Issue 3 (September 2016)
- The Auk, Volume 133, Issue 2
- Journal of Field Ornithology,
Volume 87, Issue 2 (March 2016)
- The Condor, Volume 118, Issue 1
- Journal of Raptor Research,
Volume 50, Issue 1 (March 2016)
- Waterbirds, Volume 38, Issue 4
- Ornithological Jobs
- The Flock (print version) — April 2011
- Complete publication listing? — More
Subscriptions / List Rental
Learn how your library or institution may subscribe to the Ornithological Newsletter or other publications of OSNA member societies. Information on renting the The Flock mailing list is also available. — More
Contact information for OSNA staff and steering committee officers, the OSNA business office, and the Ornithological Newsletter. — More
December 2016 OSNA News Update:
The Membership Renewal Season Will Start Soon!
The 2017 Membership Renewal Season for AFO, AOU, RRF and WOS will begin soon, before the end of December 2016. Members will receive an email inviting them to go to the MemberSuite Portal to renew. If your email address is not on record with OSNA or if you do not renew in December, you will receive a printed copy of the OSNA renewal form in early January. As in the past, you will receive several reminder emails and printed renewal notices during the Renewal Season if you have not renewed
Ornithological Societies of North America (OSNA) is the joint membership and billing service of the American Ornithologists' Union (AOU), Association of Field Ornithologists (AFO), Cooper Ornithological Society (COS), Raptor Research Foundation (RRF), Waterbird Society (WS), and Wilson Ornithological Society (WOS). OSNA was created in 1979 by the AOU, COS, and WOS to provide for efficient mailing of the jointly produced Ornithological Newsletter.
Changes are occurring during Fall 2016. Earlier this year, the OSNA Board of Directors voted to embark on a new membership management model to provide expanded services to our community. Several changes are involved.
- First, OSNA’s membership database for the Association of Field Ornithologists, Raptor Research Foundation, Wilson Ornithological Society and (soon to be) American Ornithological Society (formerly AOU and COS), will move to a new cloud-based membership management system, MemberSuite. This new system will provide members with access to services that you have come to expect from OSNA, such as the ability to renew all your OSNA memberships with one visit to the site, as well as new services such as automatic membership renewals and registration for meetings.
- Second, the Waterbird Society will no longer participate in the shared OSNA membership database.
- Third, contact information will change for OSNA Personnel, effective immediately. See the Contact page for more information. (link to http://www.osnabirds.org/Contact.aspx).
What do these changes mean for members of the AFO, RRF, WOS, and AOS (AOU/COS)?
- The MemberSuite membership portal will allow you to update and add personal and professional information to your individual profile. MemberSuite will also serve as the portal for meeting and event registration, abstract submissions, grant and award applications, voting, and other annual society activities. Instructions will be provided on the website and in emails.
- The OSNA website (www.osnabirds.org) will remain an information source through December 2016. You can use the electronic membership directory, The Flock, though the data will not be changed after September 30, 2016. In December, The Flock will be available on MemberSuite and will contain real-time updates.
- MemberSuite will provide members with access to the OSNA Newsletter and the Ornithological Jobs board, however, through the end of 2016 these functions will remain on the OSNA website www.osnabirds.org.